Mr. Yoshida represents clients in a broad range of complex civil litigation matters. His practice includes personal injury and product liability, commercial and consumer warranty litigation, and defending Oregon employers against wrongful discharge claims.
- Juris Doctor, University of Oregon School of Law (2004)
- Order of the Coif
- Member of the ASUO Constitution Court
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Portland (2001)
- Oregon State Circuit Court and U.S. District Court of Oregon
- Washington State Superior Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Recognition and Affiliations
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel (OADC)
- Feature Article Editor of the OADC’s quarterly publication, The Verdict.
- Oregon State Bar Product Liability Executive Committee
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Oregon Minority Lawyers Association
- Multnomah Bar Association (MBA) Golf Committee (2012 – 2014)
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Co-author of Oregon section of DRI’s 2016 Insurance Law Committee state-by-state “Duty to Defend” Compendium.
- Presented on the topic “Exploring Recent Developments in the Law of Personal Jurisdiction over Foreign Product Manufacturers” at DRI’s 2014 Fire Science and Litigation Seminar.
- “Nicastro: A Budding Young Star in the Personal Jurisdiction Game?” The Verdict, 2013 – Issue 2.
- “Broken Products and Promises: Application of the Failure of Essential Purpose Doctrine to Limited Repair Warranties.” Oregon State Bar, Products Liability Newsletter (2011).
- Defending product manufacturers in wrongful death, personal injury and property damage claims involving allegedly defective products. Mr. Yoshida’s product liability experience includes representing the manufacturers of motor vehicles, heavy machinery and household consumer products. Mr. Yoshida’s product liability experience also includes defending national and international companies against asbestos lawsuits.
- Defending insurance companies and their insureds against personal injury and property damage lawsuits, including defending claims for negligence, premises liability, assault and battery, and liquor liability.
- Defending and providing pre-suit advice to motor vehicle manufacturers, distributors and dealers regarding warranty and consumer rights litigation. Mr. Yoshida regularly defends and arbitrates matters for companies such as Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., Nissan North America, Inc., and American Honda Motor Company.
- Defending major lenders and loan servicers against lawsuits involving alleged wrongful foreclosure and alleged violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth in Lending Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act.
- Providing insurance coverage analysis to insurance carriers and the Oregon Insurance Guaranty Association.
- Defending Oregon businesses against wrongful discharge and discrimination claims, including claims under the Family Medical Leave Act.