Mr. Yoshida represents individuals and businesses in a broad range of complex civil litigation matters, with an emphasis on aviation law, including the defense of aircraft manufacturers and component manufacturers, products liability, dram shop liability, premises liability, and wrongful death claims.
Education and Government Service
- Aviation Ground School, King Schools (2018)
- Deputy District Attorney, Douglas County District Attorney’s Office (2007-2009)
- Juris Doctorate, University of North Dakota School of Law (2006)
- Bachelor of Arts, History, Pacific Lutheran University (2003)
- Oregon State Court
- United States District Court of Oregon
- Washington Superior Court
Professional Recognition and Activities
- Regional Vice President, International Air & Transportation Safety Bar Association (IATSBA)
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel (OADC)
- Oregon Minority Lawyers Association (OMLA)
- OSB, Aviation Law Section
- Planning Committee member of Defense Research Institute’s (DRI) 2016 Diversity for Success Seminar
- Co-author of Oregon section of DRI’s 2016 Insurance Law Committee state-by-state “Duty to Defend” Compendium
- Contributor to the 5th edition of the Oregon State Bar Professional Liability Fund’s Oregon Statutory Time Limitations publication on “Personal Injury and Property Damage”
- Represented Volkswagen as one of its lead Oregon counsel in numerous federal and state actions regarding allegations that its diesel vehicles emitted nitrogen oxides in excess of the limits imposed by applicable U.S. law.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of distributor of industrial scrap metal machine in product liability lawsuit stemming from workplace accident.
- Defended aircraft fuel line component part manufacturer in wrongful death lawsuits in Oregon, Washington, Texas, and California.
- Represented bar owners in cases brought under Oregon’s Dram Shop statute.
- Represented a cargo handling company in Washington in wrongful death action based on allegations that an employee assaulted a third-party.
- Served as local counsel for medical device manufacturers in personal injury litigation involving design of medical products.
- Represented manufacturers of consumer and recreational products in personal injury, property damage, and warranty litigation, including manufacturers of automobiles, motorcycles, industrial equipment, exercise products, bike components, and holiday lights.
- Represented transportation and ambulance companies in vehicle accident cases.