Mr. Yoshida is an experienced civil litigator who defends companies against product liability, personal injury, and commercial/consumer claims. Mr. Yoshida also provides insurance coverage advice to insurance companies and serves as outside general counsel to the Oregon Insurance Guaranty Association.
- Juris Doctor, University of Oregon School of Law (2004)
- Order of the Coif
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Portland (2001)
- Oregon State Circuit Court and U.S. District Court of Oregon
- Washington State Superior Court and U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Recognition and Affiliations
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2017-2019), Super Lawyers (2020, 2021)
- Board Member of the Oregon Association of Defense Counsel (OADC)
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel (OADC)
- Feature Article Editor of the OADC’s quarterly publication, The Verdict (2016-2019)
- Oregon State Bar Product Liability Executive Committee (2015-2018)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Oregon Minority Lawyers Association
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Co-author of Oregon section of DRI’s 2016 Insurance Law Committee state-by-state “Duty to Defend” Compendium.
- Presented on the topic “Exploring Recent Developments in the Law of Personal Jurisdiction over Foreign Product Manufacturers” at DRI’s 2014 Fire Science and Litigation Seminar.
- “Nicastro: A Budding Young Star in the Personal Jurisdiction Game?” The Verdict, 2013 – Issue 2.
- “Broken Products and Promises: Application of the Failure of Essential Purpose Doctrine to Limited Repair Warranties.” Oregon State Bar, Products Liability Newsletter (2011).
- Representation of automobile manufacturers in wrongful death and personal injury lawsuits involving product liability claims involving brakes, seat belts, roof design, side impacts, and asbestos.
- Representation of manufacturers of various industrial and retail service equipment and consumer products, including aircraft heaters, industrial mixers, hospital sterilizing equipment, and household appliances.
- Representation of motor vehicle manufacturers, distributors, and dealers regarding product warranty and trade practice litigation.
- Representation of insurance companies and their insureds, including bars, restaurants, retailers, and daycare facilities, against personal injury, premises liability, and dram shop claims.
- Representation of trucking companies in trucking accidents and property loss disputes.
- Representation of lenders and loan servicers against lawsuits involving alleged wrongful foreclosure and alleged violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth in Lending Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act.