Johnathon is the newest member of the MB Law Group team. He has experience in civil litigation and has worked closely with seasoned attorneys in suits related to personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, premises liability, insurance coverage, construction law, and the defense of financial institutions.
Johnathon graduated, with honors, from Lewis & Clark Law School, where he was the managing editor for Environmental Law Review. He also founded and served as the president of the student organization Ocean Research and Conservation Alliance (ORCA).
When not learning in the classroom, Johnathon learned his way around the courtroom as an extern for the Honorable Michael H. Simon in the United States District Court for the District of Oregon. After working at the federal judiciary, he turned to advocacy and worked as a law clerk in a civil litigation firm for the remainder of his tenure at Lewis & Clark.
Prior to law school, Johnathon received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Indianapolis, where he studied history and philosophy and received the Bennet-Tinsley Award for Undergraduate History Research and Writing.
Johnathon is a member of the Oregon State Bar and the Washington State Bar Association. He is licensed to practice in the following courts:
- Oregon State Circuit Court
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- Washington State Superior Court
Professional Recognition and Affiliations
Johnathon is active in the legal community of the Pacific Northwest, and is a member of the following groups and organizations:
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel (OADC)
- Multnomah Bar Association (MBA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Oregon Young Lawyers Division (OYLD)
- Young Lawyer Section (YLS) of the MBA
Johnathon is an avid writer and has authored the following legal publications
- “Navigating Around the Physician-Patient Privilege in Medical Injury Claims,” The Verdict, 2023 — Issue 1.